Delhi: Juvenile drags young man for 600 meters under his car in Samaypur Badli (VIDEO)

UNI

Wednesday, 27 August 2025 (11:51 IST)
New Delhi: A minor was arrested for allegedly hitting a pedestrian and dragging him for 600 meters under the car, leading to his death in northwest Delhi's Samaypur Badli.

The juveline was apprehended six hours after the incident from his house in Mandoli area.

According to eyewitnesses, the young man got entangled beneath the bonnet of the car, and was later dragged for about 600 meters before being dumped near the NDPL office in the area.


Despite a cyclist signaling the driver to stop, the juvenile kept dragging the victim, which resulted in the young man's death, police said.

The police reached the spot and learned that the man had already died. He had injuries all over his body. They lodged a case under section 105 of BNS Act, culpable homicide not amounting to murder.

The deceased was later identified as Sujeet Mandal (32), who worked with a private firm.

The police said they received a PCR call in this regard on August 23 around 7 pm.

Police said that the driver had first stopped his car after hitting the victim, and depite knowing that the victim was trapped beneath the wheels, he kept on driving.

The juveline was produced before the Juvenile Justice Board. Further investigation into the matter is ongoing.

Read on Webdunia

Related Article