TRAGIC! Kerala school girl dies, 15 others hospitalised due to food poisoning after eating shawarma

Monday, 2 May 2022 (13:16 IST)
Kasaragod: A 16-year-old school student died and 15 students, age ranging from 10 to 16 years, were hospitalised following symptoms of food poisoning, after eating shawarma (chicken) from a hotel at Cheruvathur on Sunday.

District Medical Officer (DMO) Dr A V Ramadas said the deceased was identified as E V Devananda, daughter of late Narayanan and Prasanna of Peralam near Karivellur in Kannur district.

Devananda was a student of Government Higher Secondary School (GHSS), Karivellur. Panchayat authorities and food inspectors closed down the hotel following the incident and food samples from other hotels were also collected for testing, said Cheruvathur panchayat president C V Prameela.

The health condition of the other 15 students admitted at various hospitals were stable, the DMO said. (UNI)

Read on Webdunia

Related Article